ePlus to Host Healthcare Data Analytics Presentation at HIMSS18 Conference and Exhibition
HERNDON, VA – February 8, 2018 – ePlus inc. (NASDAQ NGS: PLUS – news) today announced that it is hosting a presentation with Dell EMC at the HIMSS annual conference to explore “The Journey to Precision Medicine.” The conference and exhibition is being held March 5-9, 2018 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas. ePlus is a Gold Corporate Member of the national HIMSS organization.
Delivered from both customer and manufacturer perspectives, the session will explore effective ways to manage and analyze massive amounts of healthcare data in order to derive actionable insights that:
- Impact the continuum of care
- Optimize patient outcomes
- Provide a foundation to accelerate a health system journey towards Precision Medicine
- Aid in the prevention, detection, elimination, and eradication of diseases and other human conditions
Presenters for the lunch and learn session include France St-Laurent, Strategic Program Manager Enterprise Analytics, Seattle Children’s Hospital; Ed Shaffer, Healthcare Informatics Director for Americas, Dell EMC Healthcare; and George Morris, Healthcare CIO, Dell EMC Healthcare.
The presentation is being held March 7 at 1:00pm in Room 103. ePlus is exhibiting in booth #11107.
“Once again we look forward to exhibiting at HIMSS, featuring healthcare IT solutions that empower hospitals to deliver state-of-the-art patient care and optimize technology investments,” said George Pashardis, VP leading healthcare at ePlus. “From security, to big data/analytics, telemedicine/telehealth, mobility, staffing, and financing, ePlus helps healthcare organizations elevate the patient experience and create a long-term technology roadmap. We are pleased to share our insights with HIMSS attendees again this year.”
"As the global leader in healthcare IT infrastructure, Dell EMC works closely with our clinical application partners to bring world class solutions to the healthcare market. We also rely heavily on our ecosystem of technology partners like ePlus to drive the sale and integration of these solutions, enabling better patient care and a better outcome at every point of delivery," said David DeAngelis, healthcare general manager at Dell EMC.
- France St-Laurent graduated from the Informatique program in 1983 at the College of Jonquiere, afterward she started her career at the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec in Canada. After years of consulting in program management in private industry, Ms. St-Laurent is now the Strategic Program Manager for Seattle Children’s Hospital Enterprise Analytics.
- Edward Shaffer, Dell EMC’s Healthcare Informatics Director for the Americas, is a data-driven evangelist with 20+ years of technology sales, marketing, solution, and delivery experience. Mr. Shaffer is a visionary within big data at helping customers identify and understand where and how they can exploit data. He earned his BA in Law and Society from University of California, Santa Barbara.
- George Morris is an experienced IT leader with proficiency in leading high-performing teams as they transform health IT by enabling new types of care delivery models and engagement utilizing leading-edge technologies. In addition, he has in-depth expertise with healthcare solution platforms including Epic, McKesson, Siemens, MEDITECH, Allscripts, and GE Healthcare. Mr. Morris is a member of College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) and the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), and often speaks nationally on topics such as Predictive Analytics Transformation, Bimodal IT, and Effective Physician Information Technology Integration.
More information about ePlus’ healthcare practice can be found at www.eplus.com/healthcare.
About ePlus inc.
ePlus is a leading consultative technology solutions provider that helps customers imagine, implement, and achieve more from their technology. With the highest certifications from top technology partners and expertise in key technologies from cloud to security and digital infrastructure, ePlus transforms IT from a cost center to a business enabler. Founded in 1990, ePlus has more than 1,200 associates serving a diverse set of customers in the U.S., Europe, and Asia-Pac. The Company is headquartered at 13595 Dulles Technology Drive, Herndon, VA, 20171. For more information, visit www.eplus.com, call 888-482-1122, or email email@example.com. Connect with ePlus on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ePlusinc and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ePlus. ePlus. Where Technology Means More®.
ePlus®, Where Technology Means More®, and ePlus products referenced herein are either registered trademarks or trademarks of ePlus inc. in the United States and/or other countries. OneCloud is a trademark of OneCloud Consulting, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. The names of other companies, products, and services mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release that are not historical facts may be deemed to be “forward-looking statements.” Actual and anticipated future results may vary materially due to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, possible adverse effects resulting from financial market disruption and general slowdown of the U.S. economy such as our current and potential customers delaying or reducing technology purchases, increasing credit risk associated with our customers and vendors, reduction of vendor incentive programs, and restrictions on our access to capital necessary to fund our operations; our ability to consummate and integrate acquisitions; the possibility of goodwill impairment charges in the future; significant adverse changes in, reductions in, or losses of relationships with major customers or vendors; the demand for and acceptance of, our products and services; our ability to adapt our services to meet changes in market developments; our ability to implement comprehensive plans for the integration of sales forces, cost containment, asset rationalization, systems integration and other key strategies; our ability to reserve adequately for credit losses; our ability to secure our electronic and other confidential information; future growth rates in our core businesses; the impact of competition in our markets; the possibility of defects in our products or catalog content data; our ability to adapt to changes in the IT industry and/or rapid change in product standards; our ability to realize our investment in leased equipment; our ability to hire and retain sufficient qualified personnel; and other risks or uncertainties detailed in our reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All information set forth in this press release is current as of the date of this release and ePlus undertakes no duty or obligation to update this information.